This is to inform you that the Georgetown Boys & Girls Club Board of Directors have decided to postpone the upcoming 5k Run & 1 Mile Walk due to low registration. Please look for information on a new date in March 2019.
You as a registered runner will have four options:
1. The Seashore Striders can keep you registered for this event and you will be notified soon as to the future date...we are looking at a possible early March date where you can still benefit by wearing the cool beanie swag.
2. The Seashore Striders can move your registration to one of the following future SS events:
9th Pumpkin Pie 5k on 11/24
16th Sea Colony Turkey Trot 5k on 11/25
Inaugural Run for the Arts 5k on 12/1
13th Run with Santa 5k on 12/9
16th Race into the New Year 5k on 12/31
(If there is a difference in the registration price where you may owe more...the SS will cover the difference for you) More information can be found at www.seashorestriders.com
3. You can donate your registration cost to the Boys & Girls Club and write off the donation
4. Not a promise on this option, but I as race director, can try to contact Chronotrack for you and see if they would offer a refund to you by giving you a credit on your credit card.
Lastly, I thank you for your understanding in this decision and as you know not many races get postponed in our area, but in this case it was the best decision for the event. Stay tuned for a future date and we thank you for your support of the Georgetown Boys & Girls Club.
WHO WE ARE
Our Clubs are a safe place to learn, grow and have
fun! Through our blue doors, great futures are
started each and every day.
For 86 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware has
impacted thousands of lives across Delaware.
We are the largest licensed provider of childcare
in Delaware and the only statewide Boys & Girls
Club in the nation. Each and every day girls and boys are left to find their own recreation and
companionship. An increasing amount of kids are at home with no adult care or supervision. Young
people need to know they have a place in their community where they can go. Clubs provide a safe haven for youth, allow
them to meet with friends and be a part of positive peer groups. Club programs teach life skills, conflict resolution and focus on the development of character. Clubs also provide members with positive role models and a
nurturing environment that help improve decision-making skills.
Our Core Beliefs
A Boys & Girls Club Provides:
- A safe place to learn and grow…
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals…
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences…
- Hope and opportunity.