33rd CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES INFO
- There is no extra fee to enter the Championship Series- just the regular entry fee per race...automatically entered
- To QUALIFY for the Championship Series one must do the following 3 items:
- 1. Runners must complete one (1) 5 mile race (2 to choose from)
- 2. Runners must complete five (5) 5k's (9 to choose from)
- 3. NEW in '23...Runners must complete at least one (1) of the following "Strider Be Kind Good Deeds" listed below sometime during the Series...e-mail "Be Kind Good Deed" to email@example.com
- Volunteer for a Seashore Strider Series Event
- Join the Strider Annual Challenge of 100 miles per month...visit www.seashorestiders.com
- Make a Donation to the Seashore Strider Youth Cross Country Team
- Make a Donation to the Event you are taking part in
- Help out with any "post-race" refreshments, making the event even better
- The Final series standings is determined by fastest 5 mile race and 5 fastest 5ks. Runners are placed in age group by their age on 1st race entered.
- Example: If you run as a 39 year old in your first 3 races and then turn 40 for your final three races, then you will be in the 35-39 age group for the championship series.
- Runners must register using exact same name for each race if they want accurate results compiled.
- Series Weekly Standings will be posted at www.seashorestriders.com
Seashore Strider Statistician Tim Young.
WALKER NOTE...NEW in '23
- The Seashore Striders are going to add a separate 5K WALK DIVISION in five of the nine series events for this summer as a trial basis for the future. If participants show responsibility, fairness and honesty and WALK correctly by USATF Standards then it may continue in the future. If it turns into a "DQ fest" then it will not continue. As the Seashore Strider Race Director, I am not interested in creating more work for myself and I know I can not and will not patrol 3.1 miles of the course, but what I am interested in doing is providing an opportunity for those who simply do not run and would rather walk and still be involved in the event. That is my goal & mission with this decision.
- "Race walking differs from running in that it requires the competitor to maintain contact with the ground at all times and requires the leading leg to be straightened as the foot makes contact with the ground. It must remain straightened until the leg passes under the body. Judges evaluate the technique of race walkers and report fouls which may lead to disqualification. All judging is done by the eye of the judge and no outside technology is used in making judging decisions."...USATF
- The 5 EVENTS will be the following:
- Fathers Day 5k on 6/18/23
- Firecracker 5k on 7/1/23
- Beebe Hero's 5k on 7/9/23
- Dam Mill 5k on 7/22/23
- Race for the Paws 5k on 8/5/23
- This NEW Walk Division will allow a participant to qualify for the Championship Series by completing all five of the 5k Walks and 1 of the two 5 mile runs. The two 5 mile runs will not have a separate WALK division and you can run or walk or do a combination. Because of the longer 5 mile distance, you are encouraged to run or run/walk, rather than walk the whole five mile distance.
- Awards for the WALK will be the top 5 male & the top 5 female in those five WALK events.
- For the Championship Series Awards you are either in the WALK division or you are in the Age Group Run Division. You can not be in both and you can not go back & forth.
- WALK QUESTIONS can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org