You are here
Seashore Strider Championship Series Stats
Friday, August 31, 2018 - 8:00am
Here are the Stats for the 2018 Seashore Strider Summer Championship Series where we have had 134 runners qualify for the series. Several age groups came down to the final race last weekend in Dewey Beach at the Run for the Paws 5k.
Totaling up the SERIES...
134 QUALIFIERS...one of our top 5 totals in the history of the series.
18 runners who had a perfect score of "6 points"
13 runners who ran all "13" races
- 68 qualifiers
- 11 Runner’s with a perfect score of 6 points
- 8 Runner’s who completed all 13 races
- 1 age groups that had a tie for the championship each with 7 points...75-79
- Age Group with the most qualifiers: 10...60-64
- Age Group that ran the most races: 60-64 with 82 races
- 66 qualifiers
- 7 Runner’s with a perfect score of 6 points
- 5 Runner’s who completed all 13 races
- 2 age groups that had a tie for the championship each with 7 points
- Age Group with the most qualifiers: 3 tied with 8...40-44, 50-54, 55-59
- Age Group that ran the most races: 60-64 with 77 races
These calculations were done one by one by hand with a million different scenaries that could happen. I easily have over 100 hours in these calculations and I believe it is 100% correct, however if you feel otherwise, please do not hesitate to email me at [email protected] with your questions. I am human like you...
Note...please keep in mind that individual races have several divisions like Overall, Masters, Walkers, Clydes, & Fillies and they all are thrown back into the age groups by time and then the age groups are re-numbered for the point system to take effect. So you may win your age group and THINK you are getting 1 point, BUT you may have a master champion in your age group, and even a filly bump you back to getting 3 points for example instead of the 1 you thought you were getting.
I also may add that I took a deeper look with a chart for the 50-54 and 55-59 ladies to show them exactly how I calculated their points. We had an unfortunate situation where a runner was in the wrong age group mistakenly, not intentionlly, and it effected both age groups for all races she competed in. Once the runner was placed in the correct age group it moved some runners up and some runners down and some stayed the same. It is correct on the attached chart and it has been corrected. Any questions can be directed to me.
Enjoy and we will see everyone Saturday morning of Labor Day weekend for the Awards Ceremony.
Race Director Tim- SS
Race Director Tim- Seashore Striders...28 years of fun!