You are here
30TH MASSER 5 MILER. (SSRS #1)...Lewes, DE
Seashore Strider Summer Racing Series
Sunday, May 28, 2023 - 7:30am
Join the Seashore Striders for one of our longest running events at the shore- the Masser 5 Miler. Kicking off the popular Seashore Strider Championship Series, this year's Masser 5 miler will be a 'live" event. The Masser 5 miler is named after one of the founders of the Summer Championship Series, the Late Dr. Lee Masser of Crofton, MD. The Masser 5 miler is a flat & fast course run mostly on bike trails through the Town of Lewes with little traffic. The race will start and finish at Cape Henlopen High School in Lewes inside Legends Stadium. Come celebrate what Doc Masser has done for Running & Racing at the Beach and join the Striders for the Masser 5 miler.
DATE: May 28, 2023
TIME: 7:30 a.m.
LOCATION: Cape Henlopen High School, 1270 Kings Highway, Lewes, DE. 19958
RACE INFORMATION PAGE: Click on the Green "REGISTER ONLINE" button below to go to the Race information Page where you can review the Race Information, Register for the event, or make a donation to the cause.
CONTACT; Tim Bamforth; Seashore Strider Race Director...firstname.lastname@example.org
CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES INFO
- There is no extra fee to enter the Championship Series- just the regular entry fee per race
- To QUALIFY for the Championship Series one must do the following 3 items:
- 1. Runners must complete one (1) 5 mile race (2 to choose from)
- 2. Runners must complete five (5) 5k's (9 to choose from)
- 3. Runners must complete at least one (1) of the following "Strider Be Kind Good Deeds" listed below at sometime during the Series
- Volunteer for a Strider Series Event
- Join the Strider Annual Challenge of 100 miles per month
- Make a Donation to the Seashore Strider Youth Cross Country Team
- The Final series standings is determined by fastest 5 mile race and 5 fastest 5ks. Runners are placed in age group by their age on 1st race entered. Example: If you run as a 39 year old in your first 3 races and then turn 40 for your final three races, then you will be in the 35-39 age group for the championship series. Runners must register using exact same name for each race if they want accurate results compiled.
- Series Weekly Standings will be posted at www.seashorestriders.com by Seashore Strider Statistician Tim Young.
- CLICK HERE to view 2022 Championship Series results
- Problems, mistakes, issues contact director Tim Bamforth at email@example.com