You are here
22nd Dewey Beach Sprint Triathlon
Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 8:00am
*** State public safety officials have decided that the event will be cancelled for the weekend. ***
Despite reports that Hurricane Florence may remain south, she is still a moving target. The State of Delaware public safety agencies that the triathlon relies on must be invested this weekend in their essential mission (which unfortunately but understandably special events don’t fall under.)
We also understand that many of you will be very disappointed in this decision, but know it is in the best interest of everyone as we will have coastal flooding because of storm surge. Our beaches have already suffered erosion after this past weekend.
We have tried to find an open fall date to postpone to, but it is virtually impossible without going into November.
Here is what we are doing-
1) If you were registered, you can still pick up your shirt, water bottle & goody bag fr Gary’s Dewey Beach Grill from 11-3 on Saturday the 15th.
2) We can mail your shirt to you.
3) After this weekend, if we still can’t find a suitable alternative date, we will try to be in touch with each of you on how we will handle next year’s registration. There will be a 23rd Annual Dewey Beach Sprint Triathlon.
In the meantime, our thoughts go to the real potential victims of this monster hurricane.
About the Dewey Beach Sprint Triathlon
The first Dewey Beach Sprint Triathlon was held on September 14, 1996. It was held in the back of what was then called Gary’s Surf Spray Café on New Orleans Street in Dewey Beach, Delaware. The after party was held on the roof of the building. The following year it was also held on the same street but quickly outgrew the venue and has been held in the Delaware Seashore State Park ever since. It’s a no frills, grass roots community event and a Dewey Beach tradition that brings athletes and their families from near and far to the resort area.
We have simply strived for a safe, enjoyable and fun triathlon with a fast and scenic course while keeping the money within our community.
EVENT WEBSITE...Please Click Here to visit the Event Website...DEWEYBEACHTRIATHLON
2018 TRI-BI-TRI CHALLENGE
The Seashore Striders will present a Special Award (Custon Medal, Polo, Hat are all possibilities- TBD at a later date) to anyone who completes the 2018 TRI-BI-TRI CHALLENGE:
- Cape Triathlon on June 10th
- Dave Reynolds Biathlon on July 1st
- Dewey Beach Triathlon on September 15th
* You must complete the whole event- not a relay.
* You must be pre-registered for the final event- the Dewey Tri by August 1st so that awards can be ordered.