You are here
10th Sundance Racing Festival: ★ Biathlon (½ Mile Swim + 5K Run)★ ½ Mile Swim
Biathlon (½ Mile Swim + 5K Run)★ ½ Mile Swim
Sunday, August 25, 2019 - 8:00am
10th Sundance Racing Festival: ★ Biathlon (½ Mile Swim + 5K Run)★ ½ Mile Swim ★ Sashay!
Sundance Land & Sea is a Racing festival with several events and distances
Whether you’re a serious runner, swimmer, a power walker, or want to dress like a diva and sashay away, there will be something for everyone. This event will feature a 5K run, a 1-mile “FUN” walk, a ½ mile swim or a biathlon. Also a Catwalk, where creativity and costumes are encouraged as prizes will be awarded in several categories. Be creative and prepared to Sashay!
★ Biathlon (½ mile swim and 5k run) meet at bandstand at 7:30am for announcements.
★ ½ Mile swim meet at bandstand at 7:30am for announcements
★ Sleepwalker (donate, and sleep-in)
For our 10th Anniversary this year we are doing a 30 x 60 beach towel (pre register to be able to select from various colors.)
Rehoboth Beach Bandstand and the boardwalk
CAMP Rehoboth Community Center, 37 Baltimore Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
Proceeds will support the CAMP Rehoboth Community Center. Visit CAMP Rehoboth at http://www.camprehoboth.com.
SATURDAY AUGUST 24, 2019: EARLY PACKET PICK UP, REGISTRATION, AND SWIM CLINIC
Avoid the Sunday morning rush and pick up your packet on Saturday. Packet Pickup/Registration location and time will be confirmed closer to the event date. Tentatively set for 5:00 to 6:00 PM, at The Grove Park, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware [map], located behind Rehoboth Beach Main Street Inc, 509 Rehoboth Ave, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971 .
Swim Clinic time to be determined, but likely at 5:00 PM, meeting at Grove Park
SUNDAY AUGUST 25, 2019: RACE DAY
- 6:45 – 7:30 am Race-day Registration AND packet pick-up; athlete check in at the Rehoboth beach bandstand located just off the boardwalk on Rehoboth Avenude (bandstand map)
- Swimmers: body marking before putting sunscreen (bib is marked on arm)
- 7:30 - announcements start of 5K run/walk
- 7:45 - swim and biathlon athletes on beach
- 7:55 – runners lined up at starting line
- 8:00 - consecutive start of all events
- More information below….
Free parking race morning until 10:00 am. Meters take effect starting at 10:00.
For information, sponsorship opportunities, or to volunteer contact us at sundance5K@gmail.com
DETAILED SCHEDULE INFORMATION AND TIPS:
SATURDAY AUGUST 24, 2019
TIME TO BE CONFIRMED: 5:00 PM Swim Clinic
TIME TO BE CONFIRMED: 5:00 - 6:00 PM Advanced Packet pick up and Registration
(check, cash or credit card) Advanced Packet Pickup/Registration at The Grove Park, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware [map],
(Note: limited packet pick up on Sunday morning from 6:45 to 7:45am; those participating in the swim should walk over to the starting line no later than 7:45; direction of the swim announced that morning)
SUNDAY AUGUST 25, 2019
General schedule, for details see below within each event:
6:30 -7:30 am Registration and packet pick-up available at the RB Bandstand (map)
Credit card, check or cash only race morning (Registration closes at 7:45)
7:30 – mandatory athlete check in/announcements start of 5K run/walk
7:45 - swim and biathlon athletes on beach
8:00 - consecutive start of all events
doors open at 9:00 am After party at CAMP Rehoboth Community Center (37 Baltimore Avenue, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971) (map)
- 6:30 -7:30 am packet pick-up and check in.
- 7:30 Mandatory Meeting on Boardwalk/Bandstand
- 7:50 5K runners line up by ability, followed by 1 mile walkers
- 8:00 Event starts
1/2 mile Ocean Swim: Swim and Biathlon (leg 1: Swim)
- 6:30 -7:30 am check in and have a mark your bib number on your arm, and check in to confirm if you are participating in swim or swim-run Noteworthy: sunscreen after arm marking
- Set-up your transition area including bib
- 7:30 Mandatory Meeting on Boardwalk and Bandstand, Swim direction will be announced, and swimmers will walk the boardwalk to swim start
- 8:00 Event starts
- Beach Start. Ocean swim parallel to shore.
- Expected water temperature around 70 degrees.
- Finish line for swim is on beach b
- biathlon continue to boardwalk to transition area, follow flagged finish line chute. If wearing wetsuit and bib number is covered – yell out bib number and name.
- Wetsuits allowed and optional if water temperature is 78 degrees or less taken on race morning. If wearing a wetsuit remember to mark your bib number on a head cap.
- Lifeguards reserve the right to remove an athlete from the race. This removal will result in a DNF (Did Not Finish)
Biathlon (leg 2: 5K Run)
- Run from beach into Transition Area
- Must put on bib (chip timed)
- Starts near transition area
- Run northbound towards Gordon State park and back
- Keep on the right side at all times.
- Run through finish chute and stay in line for collection of tear off tags.
Carpooling is encouraged. Please arrive early as Rehoboth traffic is heavy on summer weekend mornings. Free parking in Rehoboth Beach race morning until 10:00 am. Meters take effect starting at 10:00 (bring quarters!)