- Please wear your number on the front and have it so we can see it at finish
- Do not pin the bottom tear-off tag as we may take it at the finish
- Please wear your own race number
- Please compete in your selected division for accurate results...10k do not switch to 5k and 5k do not switch to 10k in the middle of the race.
- If there is a last minute change of division 5k>10k or 10k>5k, please see me at the SS trailer by 8:45 am
- Position yourself at the start based on your pace...6 minute mile pace up front & 12 minute mile pace in the back
- Because of the narrow start on the trail, we will score Overall Champions by GUN Time & Age Group Finishers by CHIP Time
- Be Safe, thank you for your support, & have a great race
This is a great early season race, on a beautiful flat and fast course. The course features the Kent Island Cross Island trail, and has become a popular event for animal lovers. Animal Resource Foundation, Inc, helps homeless animals find their forever homes, and they need your help. Growing every year, this race features dozens of door prizes, and we have great surprises for participants this year. Beer after the race - we are supported by Dogfish Head! Sign up today!
In addition, this year we have added a fundraising option for our participants. Please consider raising extra money for our animals in need. You will have the option of setting up a fundraising site when you register for the race. Thank you in advance!
Event schedule and times
Packet pickup Friday, March 7 and Saturday March 8, as well as on race day morning. Race day registration is available, but early registration is prefered.
packet pickup will be at the Animal Resource Foundation (located in the Kent Narrows Center), 51 Piney Narrows Rd.,Chester, Maryland 21619
Take US 50 east from Annapolis. After crossing the Bay Bridge, travel across Kent Island. Exit 41 to Main Street, next left onto Piney Narrows Road
Take US 50/301 west from Delaware Beaches. travel across Kent Island and take exit 41 (before crossing the Bay Bridge).
Race day is Sunday, March 8, at 9 am.
5k & 10k AWARDS...19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, over 60.